American Cancer Society Hope Lodge of Central Pennsylvania—Hershey
Volunteering for the American Cancer Society means you have an opportunity to save lives and fulfill your own. When you volunteer, you can:
- Make a meaningful difference in your community
- Help cancer patients and their families
- Have flexible options and opportunities that fit your schedule
- Build relationships and networks that last a lifetime
- Learn and grow personally and professionally
- Involve your family and friends
- Special projects (contact Hope Lodge for a brochure of available projects)
- Front desk and receptionist assistance
- Planning a patient/guest activity
- Preparing dinner for patients/guests - Pasta Night, Bar-B-Que, Soup Night, etc.
- Assisting in maintenance of building: cleaning of kitchen, common areas, etc.
- Prepare dinner for patients/guests
- Group clean-up on the weekend, give the Lodge a real "spring cleaning"
- Game night for patients/guests. Our guests love Bingo and other games
- Talent night - show off your talents to patients and guests
If you would like to volunteer at the Hope Lodge of Central Pennsylvania in Hershey please visit our Volunteer Application page for an application form.
Our Wish List
Our Wish List
Help to make the Hope Lodge of Central Pennsylvania, Hershey a true "home away from home."
The Hope Lodge of Central Pennsylvania in Hershey has an ongoing need for many types of items, such as gift cards, kitchen supplies, linens and towels. By donating items on our wish list, you will help to make the Hope Lodge a true "home away from home" for our future guests.
Most frequently needed:
Bleach, any brand
Lysol spray or similar
Laundry dryer sheets
Tissues (regular and purse size)
Trash bags (all sizes)
Purell or any waterless hand sanitizer
High efficiency laundry detergent
White bath, hand, & wash towels
Full sized sheet sets - white, deep pocket
Energy saver light bulbs - any wattage
Toothpaste & deodorant - small tubes only
Medium sized storage bins
Bathroom sized wastebaskets
New or gently used board games
Digital oral thermometers
Bed pillows (New)
Jigsaw puzzles, 500pcs or higher
Individually wrapped snacks, instant soups
Individually wrapped hard candy - Mint/Lemon
Paper plates and cups
Toilet bowl cleaner
Batteries, all sizes
Cling wrap & foil
Gifts for Guests:
Gas/Grocery Gift Cards
Restaurant Gift Cards
"Adopt a Family" shop for gifts
This list represents only a portion of what is needed to operate our facility. If you have suggestions or ideas that are not listed here, please feel free to give us a call at 717.533.5111. We appreciate your thoughtfulness!
If you would like more information, or want to tour the facility, please contact the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge of Central Pennsylvania at 717.533.5111 or HersheyHopeLodge@cancer.org.