American Cancer Society Memorial Foundation Hope Lodge—Nashville
2008 Charlotte Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203
About Our Facility
Imagine the prospect of fighting cancer. Now imagine you will be treated at a facility two hours away from your home. The unexpected travel and lodging expenses can place a huge burden on family finances.
Since 2004, The American Cancer Society's Memorial Foundation Hope Lodge in Nashville, Tennessee has offered a solution to cancer patients who must undergo treatment far from home. The Hope Lodge provides housing free of charge on a first-come, first served basis to cancer patients and their families during their course of treatment. The lodge not only reduces the financial burden, but also provides a much needed supportive environment.
Guests of the Hope Lodge enjoy rooms with a private bath and television. Other amenities include a shared kitchen, library, dining room, living room and laundry room. Guests are able and encouraged to make themselves very much at home, engaging in such normal everyday activities as buying groceries, preparing meals, doing dishes, working at a computer terminal or watching television.
Click here for a copy of the Referral Form.
The American Cancer Society's Memorial Foundation Hope Lodge offers:
- 41 guest rooms, each with a private bath and television
- Fully equipped kitchens with a community dining room
- Washers and dryers, plus laundry supplies
- Resource Library with Internet computer stations and an array of books
- Reflection Room
- Living rooms with comfortable chairs and sofas
- Enclosed backyard patio with three gas grills
- Free parking
- State of the art exercise room
- Conveniently located in close proximity to all local hospitals in Nashville as well as grocery stores and pharmacies
- Free daily transportation to and from treatment centers between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
The American Cancer Society named the Nashville Hope Lodge for The Memorial Foundation based in Nashville, Tennessee. The Memorial Foundation was established in April of 1994 with an endowment fund generated from the sale of the assets of Nashville Memorial Hospital in Madison, Tennessee. At that time, members of the hospital’s Board of Trust became members of the Board of Directors of The Memorial Foundation.
In keeping with its roots, The Memorial Foundation’s mission is to improve the quality of life for people through support to nonprofit organizations. The Memorial Foundation responds to diverse community needs, assisting agencies that focus on: health, human and social services, education, senior citizens, youth and children, community services, and substance abuse programs. The Foundation also strives to respond to immediate, critical needs that arise in the community.
Sarah Burcher, our Director organizes staff, provides leadership in the implementation of Hope Lodge operations to ensure the safety and well being of guests and is the resident manager for the Hope Lodge. The Director is available 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every weekday.
Jo Pulcini is the Hope Lodge Associate Director. He is available at the Lodge from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. weekdays to assist you during your stay.
Kenneth Spurlin is our Facilities Manager. If maintenance is required in your room or if you notice a problem elsewhere in the Lodge, please advise the front desk. Kenneth will assist you as soon as possible. His office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. weekdays.
American Cancer Society's Memorial Foundation Hope Lodge
2008 Charlotte Ave
Nashville, TN 37203
- From I-65 North take exit 209 (Charlotte Ave) turn left and go 7 blocks. Lodge is on right
- From I-65 South take exit 209 (Charlotte Ave) turn right and go 7 blocks. Lodge is on right
- From I-40 West take exit 209 (Charlotte Ave) turn left and go 7 blocks. Lodge is on right
- From I-40 East take exit 209 (Charlotte Ave) turn right and go 7 blocks. Lodge is on right
- From I-24 West merge with I 40 West and take exit 209
- From I-24 East merge with I-65 South and take exit 209