- Living With Uncertainty:The Fear of Cancer Recurrence
- A patient’s story
- Emotions after treatment
- What is cancer recurrence?
- What are the types of cancer recurrence?
- What is the risk of recurrence?
- Can I do anything to prevent recurrence?
- Some common questions after treatment
- Preparing for recurrence
- Learning to live with uncertainty
- To learn more
Living With Uncertainty:The Fear of Cancer Recurrence
This information is for people who have had a type of cancer that can recur (come back) after treatment. It’s intended for people whose cancer required surgery, chemotherapy, and/or radiation treatments. It may not apply to those who were treated for a type of cancer that almost never comes back if it was found early and completely removed, such as a small basal cell skin cancer.
If you have questions about what type of cancer you had and what your risk of recurrence might be, talk to your cancer doctor. Or call the American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345 for more information.
Last Medical Review: 06/19/2013
Last Revised: 06/19/2013