- When Cancer Comes Back: Cancer Recurrence
- What is cancer recurrence?
- What are the types of recurrence?
- What is the risk of recurrence?
- Could I have done something to prevent the recurrence?
- Common questions about cancer recurrence
- When cancer recurs
- Treating recurrence
- What happens if treatment is no longer working?
- How do people cope emotionally when cancer recurs?
- “Is having a positive attitude important in fighting the cancer? My friends say it is, but I feel sad and discouraged.”
- What about the “why” questions?
- Get support
- Treating cancer as a chronic illness
- To learn more
To learn more
We have selected some related information that may also be helpful to you. These materials may be read on our Web site or ordered from our toll-free number.
Caring for the Patient With Cancer at Home (also available in Spanish)
Health Insurance and Financial Assistance for the Cancer Patient (also available in Spanish)
Advanced Cancer (also available in Spanish)
Coping With the Loss of a Loved One (also available in Spanish)
Complementary and Alternative Methods for Cancer Management (also available in Spanish)
A Message of Hope: Coping With Cancer in Everyday Life (also available in Spanish)
No matter who you are, we can help. Contact us anytime, day or night, for information and support. Call us at 1-800-227-2345 or visit www.cancer.org.
Last Medical Review: 04/29/2011
Last Revised: 04/29/2011