Dietary Supplements: What Is Safe?
Dietary supplements include things like vitamins, minerals, herbs, or products made from plants, animal parts, algae, seafood, or yeasts. The information here can help you learn more about dietary supplements so you can make a more informed decision about using them safely. Click on the topics below to get started.
- What you need to know first about dietary supplements
- Risks and side effects of dietary supplements
- Dietary supplement advertising and promotion
- Talking with your doctor about dietary supplements
- Common misconceptions about dietary supplements
- FDA regulation of drugs versus dietary supplements
- Manufacturing guidelines for dietary supplements
- Understanding the claims on dietary supplement labels
- Choosing and using dietary supplements safely
- To learn more