- What do I need to know about pain control?
- Facts about cancer pain treatment
- What causes pain in people with cancer?
- Treating cancer pain
- Developing a plan for pain control
- Keep a record of your pain.
- Types of pain
- What if I need a different pain medicine?
- Medicines used to relieve pain
- Common questions about taking pain medicines
- Non-opioid pain medicines
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Opioid pain medicines
- Other types of pain medicine
- Other medical methods to relieve pain
- Non-medical treatments for pain
- Skin stimulation
- Emotional support and counseling
- Research on pain control methods
- To learn more
You will need the help of a licensed biofeedback technician to learn this technique. With the help of special machines that give you instant feedback on the state of your body, you can learn to control certain body functions such as heart rate, blood pressure, and muscle tension. Biofeedback is sometimes used to help people learn to relax. You can use biofeedback to help you relax and cope with pain. This technique is usually used with other pain-relief methods.
Last Medical Review: 06/10/2014
Last Revised: 06/10/2014