Stem Cell Transplant for Cancer
Stem cell transplants, including peripheral blood, bone marrow, and cord blood transplants, can be used to treat cancer. Stem cell transplants are most often used for cancers affecting the blood or immune system, such as leukemia, lymphoma, or multiple myeloma. We’ll outline why people need transplants, what stem cells do, and what a transplant is like for most people. We’ll also cover some of the issues that come with transplants, and what it’s like to donate stem cells.
- Why Are Stem Cell Transplants Used as Cancer Treatment?
- Types of Stem Cell Transplants for Cancer Treatment
- What’s It Like to Get a Stem Cell Transplant?
- Stem Cell Transplant Side Effects
- What’s It Like to Donate Stem Cells?