- Chemotherapy Principles
- What is chemotherapy?
- How chemotherapy works
- The goals of chemotherapy
- Different types of chemotherapy drugs
- Deciding which chemotherapy drugs to use
- Planning drug doses and schedules
- Where is chemotherapy given?
- How is chemotherapy given?
- Safety precautions
- Chemotherapy side effects
- Questions to ask about chemotherapy
- What’s new in chemotherapy research?
- To learn more
An In-depth Discussion of the Techniques and Its Role in Cancer Treatment
The thought of having chemotherapy frightens many people. Almost everyone has heard stories about someone who was “on chemo.” But knowing what chemotherapy is, how it works, and what to expect can often help calm your fears. It can also give you a better sense of control over your life during your experience with cancer.
Last Medical Review: 02/07/2013
Last Revised: 02/07/2013