After Diagnosis: A Guide for Patients and Families
Finding out you have cancer can present many changes for you and your loved ones. Simply having answers to your questions can help you feel more in control and less worried about what lies ahead. To help you and your family as you work through your fears and concerns about cancer and its treatment, we offer answers to some common questions and give you an idea of what you can expect from the people and services that are there to help you cope with cancer. Click on the topics below to get started.
- After Diagnosis: A Guide for Patients and Families
- What is cancer?
- Who gets cancer?
- Am I going to die?
- How do I cope?
- How do I talk to people about having cancer?
- Making treatment decisions
- Common types of cancer treatment
- How is treatment planned?
- What should I ask my doctor?
- Will I be able to work during treatment?
- Will I be able to exercise during treatment?
- How will cancer affect my sex life?
- How will I pay for all of this?
- What other resources do I have?
- To learn more