Understanding Bone Metastasis
It is important to have open and honest talks with your doctor. Your doctor and the rest of your cancer care team want to answer all of your questions. You may want to consider asking these questions:
- What treatment options do I have for relieving bone pain or other symptoms?
- What can I do to help prevent broken bones?
- What would we do if a bone breaks?
- Which treatments do you recommend, and why?
- Is the treatment you recommend intended to cure the cancer, help me live longer, or relieve or prevent some of the symptoms of the cancer?
- What side effects are likely with the treatment(s) you recommend, and what can I do to help reduce these side effects?
- How would treatment affect my daily activities?
- Are there clinical trials that may be right for me?
Last Medical Review: 05/03/2012
Last Revised: 05/03/2012