Imaging (Radiology) Tests
- What are imaging tests?
- Who does imaging tests and who interprets them?
- Types of imaging tests
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- X-rays and other radiographic tests
- Nuclear medicine scans
- Categories of some common imaging tests
- Questions about radiation risk from imaging tests
- Factors that determine which imaging tests are used in different types of cancer
- To learn more
Types of imaging tests
Descriptions of some of the more common types of imaging tests, how they are done, and when you might need them can be found in the following sections:
Last Medical Review: 03/16/2015
Last Revised: 09/15/2015