Imaging (Radiology) Tests
- What are imaging tests?
- Who does imaging tests and who interprets them?
- Types of imaging tests
- Computed tomography scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Radiographic studies (regular x-rays and contrast studies)
- Nuclear scans
- Categories of some common imaging tests
- General questions and comments on radiation risk
- Factors that determine which imaging tests are used in different types of cancer
- To learn more
Types of imaging tests
Descriptions of some of the more common types of imaging tests, how they are done, and when you might need them can be found in the following sections:
Last Medical Review: 01/11/2013
Last Revised: 01/11/2013