Imaging (Radiology) Tests
Doctors use imaging tests to make pictures (images) of the inside of your body. Imaging tests can be used in many ways, including to look for cancer, to find out how far it has spread, and to help determine if cancer treatment is working. Click on the topics below to get started.
- What are imaging tests?
- Who does imaging tests and who interprets them?
- Types of imaging tests
- Computed tomography scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Radiographic studies (regular x-rays and contrast studies)
- Nuclear scans
- Categories of some common imaging tests
- General questions and comments on radiation risk
- Factors that determine which imaging tests are used in different types of cancer
- To learn more