Mammograms and Other Breast Imaging Tests
Mammograms are x-ray exams of the breast. They are most often used to screen for breast cancer in women who have no symptoms. Mammograms and other breast imaging tests can also be used in women who have breast symptoms, such as a lump or pain, or who have a suspicious change seen on a screening mammogram. Choose a topic below to get started.
- Mammogram basics
- Mammograms: What to know before you go
- What does the doctor look for on a mammogram?
- Getting called back after a mammogram
- Understanding your mammogram report
- What are the limitations of mammograms?
- Having a mammogram after you’ve had breast cancer surgery
- Mammograms for women with breast implants
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Experimental breast imaging tests