Mammograms and Other Breast Imaging Procedures
Mammograms are x-ray exams of the breast. They are most often used to screen for breast cancer in women who have no symptoms. Mammograms and other breast imaging tests can also be used in women who have breast symptoms, such as a lump or pain, or who have a suspicious change seen on a screening mammogram. Click on the topics below to get started.
- What is a mammogram?
- Types of mammograms
- How is a mammogram done?
- Help with mammogram costs
- Regulation of mammography
- What does the doctor look for on a mammogram?
- Breast biopsy
- Mammogram reports – BI-RADS
- Mammograms in special circumstances
- Improving mammograms
- Other breast imaging tests
- Experimental and other breast imaging methods
- To learn more