Testing Biopsy and Cytology Specimens for Cancer
Waiting to hear a possible cancer diagnosis can be very stressful. But a better understanding of the tests doctors use to diagnose and classify cancer may relieve some of your stress. It can also help you work with your doctors to make the best decisions about your treatment. Click on the topics below to get started.
- Testing Biopsy and Cytology Specimens for Cancer
- How is cancer diagnosed?
- Types of biopsies used to look for cancer
- Types of cytology tests used to look for cancer
- What happens to biopsy and cytology specimens?
- What do doctors look for in biopsy and cytology specimens?
- Tests used on biopsy and cytology specimens to diagnose cancer
- Reasons for delays in getting your biopsy and cytology test results
- How to learn more about your pathology results
- What information is included in a pathology report?
- To learn more