Testing Biopsy and Cytology Specimens for Cancer
Waiting to hear a possible cancer diagnosis can be very stressful. But a better understanding of the tests doctors use to diagnose and classify cancer may relieve some of your stress. It can also help you work with your doctors to make the best decisions about your treatment. Click on the topics below to get started.
- Testing Biopsy and Cytology Specimens for Cancer
- How is cancer diagnosed?
- Overview of biopsy types
- Overview of cytology types
- What happens to biopsy and cytology specimens after they are removed from the patient?
- What do doctors look for under the microscope?
- Special studies in cancer diagnosis
- How long does biopsy and cytology testing take?
- What can you do to learn more about your pathology results?
- To learn more