What should you ask your doctor about tumor markers?
It’s important to talk openly with your cancer care team. Don’t be afraid to ask any question that’s on your mind, no matter how minor it might seem to you. Here are some questions you might ask. Be sure and add your own.
- Do I have any elevated tumor markers?
- Which tumor markers are elevated?
- What does this mean for me?
- Are there other health problems or medicines that could affect my tumor marker levels?
- Does the elevation in my tumor marker(s) change my treatment?
- Will you use these markers to evaluate my treatment? If so, what will you watch for?
- How often will the tumor markers be checked?
Please contact us if you’d like to learn more about a certain type of cancer or the tumor markers linked to a certain type of cancer.
Last Medical Review: 10/18/2012
Last Revised: 10/18/2012