Listen With Your Heart
If someone close to you has cancer, do you find it hard to talk to them about it? Do you worry that you'll say the wrong thing? If so, you're not alone. Here we'll share some ideas on how to be supportive and helpful when you talk with someone who has cancer. Click on the topics below to get started.
- How do you talk to someone who has cancer?
- About cancer
- Hearing the news
- Ways people cope with a cancer diagnosis
- Living with cancer
- Sources of support
- Concern for the family and caregivers
- Help and information
- If your loved one decides to stop getting treatment
- If your loved one refuses cancer treatment
- Facing the final stage of life
- Summing up: Talking to the person with cancer
- To learn more