When Someone You Work With Has Cancer
Finding out that someone you work with has cancer can be difficult. You may have many questions, both about cancer itself and about how you should talk and act around this person. Here, we will try to answer some of your questions about cancer and the workplace. We also share some ideas about how you can show your concern and offer your help to someone with cancer. Click on the topics below to get started.
- When Someone You Work With Has Cancer
- General questions and answers
- What are the different types of cancer treatment?
- What to expect
- Ways to respond
- A list of basic do’s and don’ts
- Offering support
- Are there resources available to help?
- What supervisors can do
- What about when treatment is over?
- What if the cancer returns?
- Your help is important
- To learn more