- When Someone You Work With Has Cancer
- General questions and answers
- What are the different types of cancer treatment?
- What to expect
- Ways to respond
- A list of basic do’s and don’ts
- Offering support
- Are there resources available to help?
- What supervisors can do
- What about when treatment is over?
- What if the cancer returns?
- Your help is important
- To learn more
Your help is important
There’s a lot that you, as a supervisor or co-worker of someone facing cancer, can do to help. Work plays an important part in the lives of most people, and your help and understanding can make an important difference on the impact the illness has on your colleague. Communication and flexibility are the keys to success.
Last Medical Review: 05/21/2012
Last Revised: 01/25/2013