How Kroger is Helping Us Save Lives
The Kroger Co. stands behind their associates fighting or who have fought cancer. Their stories are an inspiration to us all. We hope they encourage you to 'take actions' for the cause by sharing their stories or by taking action in your local community.
Kroger and their family of stores supports the American Cancer Society in many ways:
- Participation in Relay For Life events through sponsorships and by forming local fundraising teams.
- The Kroger Company’s annual Sharing Courage Campaign has committed $3MM to breast cancer organizations nationwide, and proudly support Making Strides Against Breast Cancer through sponsorships, selling donation cards in select stores, and by forming fundraising teams in their communities.
- Store managers and leadership participate in the “Real Men Wear Pink” campaign to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer throughout the month of October.
- Kroger shares the American Cancer Society’s screening guidelines and healthy eating tips on their websites to educate customers and associates.
- Kroger employees volunteer at Hope Lodges and providing meals to survivors and caregivers during their stay.
Jessica Adelman, Group VP, Corporate Affairs for The Kroger Co. states, "Understanding the devastating impact cancer has on the lives of our customers and associates, The Kroger Co. is proud to support the American Cancer Society’s efforts to fund cures, and serve those affected by the disease. Our annual Sharing Courage campaign during October celebrates survivorship while inviting customers to contribute to local breast cancer fundraising efforts. And our associates walk in solidarity at dozens of Relay For Life events in the communities we serve. The American Cancer Society is a strong partner in our commitment."
Join Kroger to support the American Cancer Society today.