Cancer Prevention Study - 3 in Miami/Sylvester
What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words “you have cancer”?
This year, you can fight back against cancer by enrolling in the American Cancer Society’s research study called the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save lives.
Who can join the study?
The study is open to anyone who:
• Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at home
• Is between 30 and 65 years old
• Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell
How can you participate?
Enrollment will take 30-60 minutes. As part of enrollment, you will be asked to:
• Read and sign an informed consent form
• Complete a comprehensive survey packet that asks for information on lifestyle, behavioral and other factors related to your health.
• Have your waist circumference measured
• Give a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit – 7 teaspoons total). The blood sample will be drawn by a trained, certified phlebotomist.
Upon completion of these two steps, we will send periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and annual newsletters with study updates and results.
Where can I enroll?
View CPS-3 Miami/Sylvester in a full screen map
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
1475 NW 12th Ave
Miami, FL 33136
Thursday, August 30, 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday, August 31, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center - Deerfield
1192 E Newport Center Dr
Deerfield, FL 33442
Friday, August 24, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center - Kendall Room 13101
8932 SW 97th Ave
Miami FL 33176
Wednesday, August 29, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center - Plantation Conference Room
8100 SW 10th St
Crossroads 3 Building
Plantation, FL 33324
Wednesday, August 22, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Making Strides toward a world with more birthdays