Additional resources for advanced cancer
More information from your American Cancer Society
We have a lot more information that you might find helpful. Explore our website or call our National Cancer Information Center toll-free number, 1-800-227-2345. We’re here to help you any time, day or night.
Your American Cancer Society also has books that you might find helpful. Call us at 1-800-227-2345 or visit our bookstore online to find out about costs or to place an order.
National organizations and websites*
Along with the American Cancer Society, other sources of information and support include:
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Toll-free number: 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237)
Their “Cancer Information Service” offers free, accurate, up-to-date information about cancer to patients, their families, and the general public; also can help people find clinical trials in their area
Toll-free number: 1-800-813-HOPE (1-800-813-4673)
Web site: www.cancercare.org
Provides free professional support services to anyone affected by cancer: people with cancer and their loved ones, caregivers, and the bereaved through phone counseling and online support groups; also offers a wide variety of cancer information as well as specialized programs and workshops
- Advanced Cancer
- What is advanced cancer?
- What is metastatic cancer?
- Can advanced or metastatic cancer be prevented?
- How is advanced cancer found?
- How is advanced cancer treated?
- Surgery for advanced cancer
- Ablative techniques for advanced cancer
- Radiation therapy for advanced cancer
- Drug treatment for advanced cancer
- Clinical trials
- Complementary and alternative therapies for advanced cancer
- Managing symptoms of advanced cancer, by location
- Managing general symptoms of advanced cancer
- What should you ask your doctor about advanced cancer?
- Coping with advanced cancer
- Sources of support
- Choices for palliative care
- Advance directives
- Additional resources for advanced cancer
- References: Advanced cancer
Last Medical Review: February 7, 2014 Last Revised: March 6, 2014