Can acute lymphocytic leukemia be prevented?
The risk of many types of cancer can be reduced with lifestyle changes to avoid certain risk factors, but there is no known way to prevent most cases of leukemia at this time.
Most people who get acute lymphocytic leukemia have no known risk factors, so there is no way to prevent these leukemias from developing
Last Medical Review: 07/10/2013
Last Revised: 02/07/2014
- What Is Leukemia - Acute Lymphocytic (ALL) in Adults?
- Causes, Risk Factors, and Prevention
- Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
- Treating Leukemia - Acute Lymphocytic (ALL) in Adults
- Talking With Your Doctor
- After Treatment
- What`s New in Leukemia - Acute Lymphocytic (ALL) in Adults Research?
- Other Resources and References