Making Strides Against Breast Cancer®
Take a step toward a world without cancer
Volunteer at an American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk and be behind-the-scenes at an exciting community event that raises awareness and funds to end breast cancer. Making Strides events celebrate and honor breast cancer survivors and caregivers; educate the public about prevention and detection to reduce risk of the disease; and raise funds to help end breast cancer. People walk as individuals or on teams with family, friends, and coworkers. Event volunteers help with registration, logistics, and participant support.
- Nationwide opportunities available.
- Time commitment varies. Usually there is a need for pre-event and day-of-event volunteers. More information will be provided by the event organizers once your volunteer application is reviewed.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer committee members who help plan the event may have a required training and orientation based on their roles. There may also be on-site training for day-of-event volunteers.
As a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer volunteer, you get to participate in an exciting community event to raise awareness and funds to end breast cancer. You can choose to volunteer for the day of the event, or you may be able to use your skills to help plan the event. It’s a great way to volunteer with your family, friends, coworkers, or any other group. You can develop your skills by helping to plan the event or be a participant and lead a team, all while growing rewarding friendships and helping your community. Making Strides Against Breast Cancer volunteer opportunities are great for anyone who wants to help finish the fight against breast cancer.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer committee members help plan and promote the event.
- Day-of-event volunteers help with registration, water stations, information, and many other important activities.
- Requirements vary depending on the role. Your local Making Strides Against Breast Cancer staff will provide more information once your volunteer application is reviewed.
- If you elect to be an event participant, team captains, team members, and individual walkers will need to register for the event.
To volunteer for this opportunity, select the appropriate Making Strides Against Breast Cancer checkbox under “Community Events” on the Sign Up to Volunteer form.