How can I learn more about cancer and cancer treatment?
If you would like more detailed information on radiation therapy, please call us for a free copy of Understanding Radiation Therapy: A Guide for Patients and Families. You can also read it online at www.cancer.org.
No matter who you are we can help. Contact us anytime, day or night, for information and support. Call us at 1-800-227-2345, or visit www.cancer.org. We want to help you get well.
For cancer information, answers, and support, call your American Cancer Society 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-227-2345.
Last Medical Review: October 9, 2015 Last Revised: October 9, 2015
- What’s in this guide
- Questions about radiation therapy
- What should I ask my doctor?
- External beam radiation therapy
- Internal radiation therapy
- What about radiation side effects?
- What can I do to take care of myself during radiation?
- Follow-up care
- How can I learn more about cancer and cancer treatment?