A Guide to Cancer Surgery
You’ve been told you have cancer. You’ve looked at your treatment options, and you and your doctor have agreed that surgery is needed. Now you may have questions about cancer surgery. Choose a topic below to get started.
- Learning about cancer surgery
- How is surgery used for cancer?
- Surgery to diagnose and stage cancer
- Special surgery techniques to treat cancer
- Questions to ask your doctor about cancer surgery
- What will surgery for cancer be like?
- Planning and preparing for cancer surgery
- During the operation
- Recovery from cancer surgery
- Going home after cancer surgery
- What are the risks and side effects of cancer surgery?
- When to call your doctor after cancer surgery
- Does surgery cause cancer to spread?
- Some things to remember about cancer surgery