Understanding Cancer Surgery: A Guide for Patients and Families
Surgery can be used to diagnose, treat, or even help prevent cancer in some cases. Most people with cancer will have some type of surgery. It often offers the greatest chance for cure, especially if the cancer has not spread to other parts of the body. Click on the topics below to get started.
- Understanding Cancer Surgery: A Guide for Patients and Families
- Surgery to diagnose and stage cancer
- Special surgery techniques
- Questions to ask your doctor about surgery
- What will surgery be like?
- Planning and preparation
- The operation
- Going home
- What are the risks and side effects of surgery?
- Does surgery cause cancer to spread?
- Some things to remember