References: Advanced cancer
American Cancer Society. Bone Metastasis. 2014. Accessed at www.cancer.org/treatment/understandingyourdiagnosis/bonemetastasis/index.htm on January 31, 2014.
American Joint Committee on Cancer. AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 7th ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2010.
Berger A, Portenoy RK, Weissman DE, eds. Principles and Practice of Supportive Oncology. Philadelphia, Pa: Lippincott-Raven; 1998.
Bruera E, Kim HN. Cancer pain. JAMA. 2003;290:2476-2479.
Fleming ND, Alvarez-Secord A, Von Gruenigen V, Miller MJ, Abernethy AP. Indwelling catheters for the management of refractory malignant ascites: a systematic literature overview and retrospective chart review. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2009;38:341-349.
Groenwald SL, Frogge MH, Goodman M, Yarbro CH, eds. Cancer Symptom Management. Boston, Mass: Jones & Bartlett; 1996.
Liotta LA, Kohn EC. Invasion and metastasis. In: Kufe DW, Pollock RE, Weichselbaum RR, Bast RC, Gansler TS, Holland JF, Frei E, eds. Cancer Medicine 6. Hamilton, Ontario: BC Decker; 2003: 151-160.
National Cancer Institute. Coping with Advanced Cancer. 2012. Accessed at www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/advancedcancer/page1 on January 31, 2014.
Wong SL, Chang AE. Acute Abdomen, Bowel Obstruction, and Fistula. In: Abeloff MD, Armitage JO, Lichter AS, Niederhuber JE. Kastan MB, McKenna WG. Clinical Oncology. Philadelphia, PA. Elsevier; 2008: 791-801.
- Advanced Cancer
- What is advanced cancer?
- What is metastatic cancer?
- Can advanced or metastatic cancer be prevented?
- How is advanced cancer found?
- How is advanced cancer treated?
- Surgery for advanced cancer
- Ablative techniques for advanced cancer
- Radiation therapy for advanced cancer
- Drug treatment for advanced cancer
- Clinical trials
- Complementary and alternative therapies for advanced cancer
- Managing symptoms of advanced cancer, by location
- Managing general symptoms of advanced cancer
- What should you ask your doctor about advanced cancer?
- Coping with advanced cancer
- Sources of support
- Choices for palliative care
- Advance directives
- Additional resources for advanced cancer
- References: Advanced cancer
Last Medical Review: February 7, 2014 Last Revised: March 6, 2014