At ACS since 2019
As study coordinator of the Cancer Prevention Study 3 (CPS-3) Accelerometry sub-study for the Study Management team in Population Science, Jeshondria McCrary’s work mainly focuses on how physical activity and sedentary behavior affect the risk for developing cancer.
In this role, she:
- Directs the daily operations for shipments, returns, and data collection for the project.
- Addresses and critically solves questions about enrollment information, invite percentages, and changes to research protocols and logistics.
- Works firsthand with participant communication related to the sub-study.
McCrary also manages the resolution of discrepant National Death Index (NDI) records for Cancer Prevention Study II (CPS-II).
Research focus and accomplishments
Some of McCrary’s early achievements at the American Cancer Society, include:
- Converting the the NDI lookup protocol into a user-friendly, digital-only process to adapt to staff working remotely.
- Handling the daily logistics and follow-up for a sub-study with over 9,500 enrolled CPS-3 participants.
- Resolving over 7,000 discrepant NDI records for CPS-II