At ACS since 2018
As Scientific Vice President, Health Services Research, Robin Yabroff, PhD, MBA, leads a team of scientists whose research focuses on:
- Financial hardship and economic burden of cancer
- Patterns of cancer care, including high cost prescription drugs
- Health insurance coverage, including benefit design
- Patient, provider, health system, and geographic factors associated with quality and value of cancer care
The effects of health policies, including provisions of the Affordable Care Act, on access to cancer prevention, screening, survivorship, and end-of-life care
As an expert in these areas, Yabroff is a frequent speaker at national and international meetings and a participant of panels and think tanks.
She holds adjunct faculty positions in the Department of Medicine at Johns Hopkins University and in the Department of Health Policy and Management at Emory University’s Rollins School of Public Health.
Research focus and accomplishments
Yabroff has received multiple National Institutes of Health Merit Awards for her research leadership and mentorship. She led the development of the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS): Experiences with Cancer Survivorship Supplement from 2009 to 2015. The goal of this multi-institutional, collaborative effort was to improve the quality of publicly available data for estimating the burden of cancer in the United States.
She is a founding member of the Interagency Consortium to Promote Health Economics Research on Cancer (HEROiC).
To learn more about Yabroff's work, listen to the podcast “Preventing Financial Hardship from Cancer.”
Yabroff has co-authored over 250 peer-reviewed journal articles, invited editorials, commentaries, and book chapters.
She has on-going editorial roles for several journals, including:
- Journal of the National Cancer Institute, Associate Editor
- Journal of Cancer Survivorship, a founding member of the editorial board
- Journal of Oncology Practice, member of the editorial board
Yabroff has been a guest editor for the:
For a complete list of Dr. Yabroff’s publications, see her Google Scholar page.