Clarence T.C. Ching Hope Lodge—
AddressNOW OPEN! 251 South Vineyard Street , Honolulu, HI 96813 Phone: 1-800-227-2345
About Our Facility
Many cancer patients face weeks or months of treatment away from home. At the same time, they often struggle to manage medical bills and other financial burdens associated with the costs of travel. Some patients even forgo treatment due to the financial and emotional burden.
The American Cancer Society Clarence T.C. Ching Hope Lodge Hawai‘i offers free, temporary housing for cancer patients who are undergoing outpatient treatment and their caregivers a place to stay when their best hope for effective treatment is in Honolulu. The Hope Lodge facility eases some of the financial and emotional burden associated with travel and allows the patient to focus on what is important: recovery.
We understand that quality care includes more than just excellent medicine. At Hope Lodge, highly trained American Cancer Society staff and volunteers provide on-site information and services. Some of the amenities the facility offers include:
- 20 guest rooms, each with two twin beds, a private bathroom and television
- Fully equipped residential kitchens with a community dining room
- On-site laundry facilities
- A resource library for curling up with a good book or surfing the Internet at the 2 computer stations
- A living room for guests to gather and relax
- A peaceful garden area to rest and unwind
- A convenient location with nearby grocery stores and pharmacies
- Transportation is available first-come, first-served to limited areas of O‘ahu
- Wireless Internet
Residency at a Hope Lodge facility is a courtesy extended at the sole discretion of American Cancer Society. All individuals who meet the Hope Lodge eligibility requirements will be welcomed regardless of race, creed, citizenship, physical disability, gender, color, ethnic heritage, veteran status, economic status, or sexual orientation. For admissions information, please select a Hope Lodge location.