Our vision is to eliminate preventable cancers through high impact cancer prevention initiatives, particularly in low- and middle-income countries where the burden of cancer deaths is highest.
We focus on interventions that are:
- Evidence-based and highly impactful for preventing cancer.
- Underutilized and effective, in part because they are not framed as life-saving cancer prevention initiatives.
- Highly effective for adolescents, an age group often overlooked yet critical to addressing risk factors that can prevent cancer in adulthood.
To increase the adoption and scale-up of these high impact cancer prevention interventions, ACS leverages its strengths to:
- Convene and collaborate with critical in-country stakeholders.
- Share resources and expertise with in-country cancer organizations in research, education, communications, and advocacy.
- Catalyze action to:
- Create public awareness and demand for HPV vaccination as a key cancer prevention strategy.
- Mobilize partners to work with their national governments to prioritize HPV vaccination as cancer prevention.