What Should You Ask Your Doctor About Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia?
It is important to have frank, open, and honest discussions with your doctor about your condition. Your doctor and the rest of the health care team want to answer all of your questions. For instance, consider these questions:
- What treatment choices do I have?
- Which treatment, if any, do you recommend, and why?
- What are the side effects of the treatments that you recommend?
- How can I help reduce the side effects I may have from the treatment?
- What is the outlook for my survival?
- Should I seek a second opinion, and who do you recommend as an expert in this disease?
Last Medical Review: January 19, 2014 Last Revised: February 17, 2016