Content Usage Policy
Unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on this website -- such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, and audio clips -- is copyrighted by and proprietary to the American Cancer Society, Inc., and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use, or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without ACS's prior written consent, except that the user may make such temporary copies in a single computer's RAM and hard-drive cache as are necessary to browse the website, and the user may make one permanent printout of each page of the website to be used by the user for personal and noncommercial uses which do not harm the reputation of the ACS.
To obtain permission to use or copy ACS-copyrighted materials (audio, text, graphics, images, artwork) from ACS' website or from ACS printed materials, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax requests should be sent to 404-417-5808 (Attention: "Reprints").
Please provide the following in your request:
- information about the exact ACS material you propose to use or copy, including the title of the document, page numbers, section titles, and copyright dates; to use information from the ACS website, include the Web address (URL) and, if possible, attach a copy of the specific information you wish to use
- an explanation of how the ACS information will be used and/or distributed and whether reprinted materials will be sold
- a description of the nature of your organization or business (for-profit, not-for-profit, etc.)
- contact information, including your fax number, e-mail address, and/or mailing address
The ACS may grant permission to use portions of its materials if the material will be reproduced for educational purposes, and if it will not used in connection with commercial or for-profit activities.
Permission will not be granted:
- To copy entire publications, pamphlets or other ACS printed materials.
- To use any material that has been discontinued or that is under revision.
- To modify or adapt ACS materials.
- To use ACS material in electronic formats
Please allow 14 business days for requests to be processed.
American Cancer Society, the American Cancer Society logo, Coaches vs. Cancer, Daffodil Days, Great American Smokeout, Hope. Progress. Answers., I Can Cope, Making Strides, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Notes to Neighbors, Reach To Recovery, Relay For Life, Tell A Friend, and other marks are registered service marks of the American Cancer Society, Inc.
The mark, American Cancer Society, is a registered trademark of the American Cancer Society, Inc.
This website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by ACS, which is headquartered in the State of Georgia, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places may have laws that differ from those of Georgia, by accessing this website both you and ACS agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this website. You and the American Cancer Society also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of DeKalb County, Georgia, and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia with respect to such matters. ACS makes no representation that materials on the website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.