It is important to have frank, open, and honest discussions with your doctor about your condition. Your doctor and the rest of the health care team want to answer all of your questions. For instance, consider these questions:
- What are my treatment choices?
- Which treatment, if any, do you recommend, and why?
- Do the treatments you recommend have side effects?
- How can I help reduce the treatment side effects I might have?
- What is the outlook for my survival?
- Should I get a second opinion, and who do you recommend as an expert in this disease?