Fruit Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
The creamy poppy seed dressing in this recipe contains low-fat yogurt, which is an excellent source of B vitamins, protein, and calcium. Some experts claim that yogurt, when ingested, supplies the intestinal tract with good bacteria to help keep it in good working order.
- 8 cups fresh fruit, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2-2/3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Combine all fruit in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, fold poppy seeds into yogurt with a whisk or spatula.
- Spoon a portion of fruit salad into individual serving dishes, then pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of yogurt mixture over the fruit—or set out the fruit salad and yogurt dressing separately and invite your guests to help themselves.
Note: For this salad we used equal parts peeled peaches and oranges, chunks of pineapple, grapes, and berries. Use any fruit you like.
Per Serving (approximate)
|Total Fat||1.5 g|