Minted Melon Balls
Lime juice, mint, and a dash of sugar add a gourmet twist to this easy fruit salad recipe – and one cup provides one of the five servings of fruits and vegetables needed each day to help prevent cancer. Most people consider melons to be a fruit, but they are really vegetables related to the cucumber and the gourd.
- 2 cups watermelon, seedless or seeds removed
- 2 cups cantaloupe
- 2 cups honeydew melon
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped finely
- Scoop out watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon meat with a melon baller.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring water, sugar, and lime juice to a boil. Boil 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Cool completely.
- Toss sugar mixture together with melon and mint. Chill well.
Per Serving (approximate)
|Total Fat||0 g|