Cancer Resource Centers
Dispense health information, social services, and hope
If you like one-on-one and small group interaction, are a cancer survivor, have been a caregiver, or have had a family member or friend diagnosed with cancer, you will appreciate the experience of being a cancer resource center volunteer. As a trained volunteer at a cancer resource center you would interact with cancer patients and caregivers and be a conduit to information about cancer types, treatments, cancer screenings, and support services provided by the American Cancer Society and other organizations. Our cancer resource centers are located in or near a treatment facility.
- Nationwide opportunities available.
- Volunteer positions are located in-house at the centers.
- Long-term volunteer opportunities available.
- Most opportunities take place during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
- Volunteers must go through local training to be familiar with the Cancer Resource Center’s services.
- Additional confidentiality training or other preparations may also be necessary.
As a cancer resource center volunteer, you get to help cancer patients and family members through their cancer experience. It is a rewarding and fulfilling position where you provide encouragement, information, and referral services. You get to serve your community and meet new people. Flexible scheduling may also be an option.
Volunteer Positions and Responsibilities
Trained volunteers provide up-to-date information and can connect patients and caregivers with day-to-day help and emotional support. Positions are located in-house at your local cancer resource center.
Volunteers must be prepared to provide compassionate assistance to cancer patients, family members and friends.
To volunteer for this opportunity, select the “Cancer Resource Centers” checkbox under “Patient Service Programs” on the Sign Up to Volunteer form.
- Our Work Wouldn’t Be Possible Without You
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network℠ (ACS CAN)
- Administrative and Clerical Volunteer Opportunities
- Cancer Resource Centers
- Community Office Volunteers
- Community Event Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities for Organizations
- Discovery Shops™
- Hope Lodge
- Look Good Feel Better®
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer®
- Online and Social Media Volunteer Opportunities
- Patient Services and Support Volunteer Opportunities
- Reach To Recovery®
- Relay For Life®
- Retail and Hospitality Volunteer Opportunities
- Road To Recovery®
- The Society in Second Life
- Sports and Recreation Volunteer Opportunities
- Fundraising Volunteer Opportunities
- Help Pass Laws to Defeat Cancer
- Sign Up to Volunteer
- Volunteer Stories
- Sign Up to Volunteer - Relay For Life