Look Good Feel Better®
Use your beauty know-how to uplift cancer patients
The Look Good Feel Better program is a fun way to help patients learn beauty techniques and feel better about themselves during cancer treatment. In-person workshops help women with cancer manage the appearance-related side effects of treatment. Trained volunteer beauty professionals teach simple techniques on skin care, makeup, and nail care, and give practical tips on hair loss, wigs, and head coverings. At-home and online materials are also available for men, and a program created especially for teens, ages 13-17, is offered in select pediatric hospitals nationwide and online.
The program is a collaboration of the Personal Care Products Council Foundation, the American Cancer Society, and the Professional Beauty Association.
- Nationwide opportunities available.
- Volunteer opportunities generally involve a few hours per month, and we work with your schedule.
A certification class and a biannual update class are required.
As a beauty professional, you get to use your unique knowledge and skills to provide encouragement and support, brighten someone’s day, teach skills that help women diagnosed with cancer, and give them something encouraging and fun to look forward to during treatment. It’s a rewarding experience and is ideal for people who like one-on-one interaction and teaching small groups. It’s generally a few hours per month, and we try to work with your schedule.
Volunteer Positions and Responsibilities
- Experienced beauty professionals such as hairstylists, estheticians, makeup artists, and nail technicians are always needed to help conduct group programs and/or one-on-one salon consultations.
- Volunteer coordinators are also needed to help schedule, plan and promote the workshops. This role is great for anyone who likes planning, organizing, and working with other volunteers.
To conduct a group program or consultation you should be an experienced beauty professional.
To volunteer for this opportunity, select the “Look Good Feel Better” checkbox under “Patient Services & Support” on the Sign Up to Volunteer form.
- Our Work Wouldn’t Be Possible Without You
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network℠ (ACS CAN)
- Administrative and Clerical Volunteer Opportunities
- Cancer Resource Centers
- Community Office Volunteers
- Community Event Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities for Organizations
- Discovery Shops™
- Hope Lodge
- Look Good Feel Better®
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer®
- Online and Social Media Volunteer Opportunities
- Patient Services and Support Volunteer Opportunities
- Reach To Recovery®
- Relay For Life®
- Retail and Hospitality Volunteer Opportunities
- Road To Recovery®
- The Society in Second Life
- Sports and Recreation Volunteer Opportunities
- Fundraising Volunteer Opportunities
- Help Pass Laws to Defeat Cancer
- Sign Up to Volunteer
- Volunteer Stories
- Sign Up to Volunteer - Relay For Life