The American Cancer Society and Kohl’s have partnered to create the Kohl’s Healthy Families program which supports families through the prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer in Southeastern Wisconsin.
- The Healthy Families Guidebook contains practical tips and tools to support healthy eating and active living to reduce cancer risk. The American Cancer Society screening guidelines are also included. Information is presented in an easy to understand format with recipes, exercise ideas, and stress management tips for the entire family.
- Healthy Eating & Active Living Grants form partnerships with organizations to provide education about the connection between healthy eating and active living to prevent cancer or cancer recurrence. Programming offers cooking demonstrations, nutrition education, and opportunities to be physically active within the community.
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Grants to federally qualified health centers target increasing colorectal cancer screening rates during the pandemic. Funding supports outreach and education about age-appropriate cancer screenings, navigation for individuals to complete screenings and, if needed, assistance with after-diagnosis care.
- Community health workers provide a critical link to vulnerable communities by connecting residents to needed resources, especially during the pandemic. Cancer prevention training will be available to support Community Health Worker Development.
- Kohl’s Sponsorship of five select Relay For Life events in southeast Wisconsin in 2022: Kenosha, Racine, Hartford-Slinger, West Bend, and Union Grove.
To learn more about the partnership, please contact us.