Marinated Artichoke and Potato Salad
The marinated artichoke featured in this recipes is neither a fruit or vegetable. It's a thistle, a member of the sunflower family, and the artichoke itself is a flower bud or immature flower head. Artichokes are good sources of potassium.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1/2- inch pieces (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 6-ounce bottle marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons chopped, pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook 20 minutes or until very tender. Add beans and cook 2 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Drain potato and bean mixture.
- Drain artichokes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons of marinade.
- Chop artichokes. Add artichokes and olives to potato-bean mixture.
- Combine reserved 2 tablespoons of artichoke marinade with vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad, tossing to coat. Cover and chill.
Per Serving (approximate)
|Total Fat||3.8 g|