Make your race day even more special
Join the American Cancer Society DetermiNation team and volunteer to dedicate your participation in a marathon, triathlon, cycling race, or other endurance event to the fight against cancer. DetermiNation events provide athletes with access to professional training, an unparalleled community of support, and inspiration every step of the way. Your personal race victory will change your life, but the finish line will be just the beginning. Your triumph also means a triumph over cancer – where every step you take and every mile you conquer brings us closer to a world without cancer.
- DetermiNation events occur in Chicago, New York, and Philadelphia.
- DetermiNation Mini Series event participation is available nationwide.
- The amount of time you spend on athletic training for your event is totally up to you.
- Some of your time must be dedicated toward fundraising, as each DetermiNation event has a fundraising minimum. But don’t stress! We've established realistic fundraising goals for each race, and we provide the tools you need to make it easy and fun.
- There is no required training, but we do provide free team training to help you achieve your race goals.
- We also provide free tools and tips to educate you on how to reach your fundraising goals.
When you volunteer to join the DetermiNation team you are eligible to receive a number of exclusive membership benefits which may include free team training to help you achieve your race goals; invitations to social events in and around your community; race weekend VIP amenities, which may include access to an American Cancer Society tent, gear check, private changing areas, facilities, masseuses, cheer teams to inspire you along the course, and more; an exclusive American Cancer Society DetermiNation racing shirt; a personal fundraising website; the opportunity to dedicate your efforts in honor of or in memory of someone affected by cancer and to receive ribbons to wear in support of them; and mentor support and e-newsletters with important race information, inspiration, and training tips. But most important of all, you benefit by making a commitment to help save lives.
Volunteer Positions and Responsibilities
Volunteer participants are needed to sign-up and raise funds in marathons, triathlons, cycling races, and other endurance events in Chicago, New York, or Philadelphia. You can also join the DetermiNation Mini Series and participate wherever you live. Find an event.
- Event participant volunteers must register for a DetermiNation event or Mini Series and follow the requirements for the endurance event selected.
- Fundraising minimums vary by event and can be explained in more detail by the local staff partner.
To volunteer for this opportunity, visit the DeterminNation Website and sign up.
- Thank You, Volunteers
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network℠ (ACS CAN)
- Administrative and Clerical Volunteer Opportunities
- Cancer Resource Centers
- Community Office Volunteers
- Community Event Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities for Organizations
- Discovery Shops™
- Hope Lodge
- Look Good Feel Better®
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer®
- Online and Social Media Volunteer Opportunities
- Patient Services and Support Volunteer Opportunities
- Reach To Recovery®
- Relay For Life®
- Retail and Hospitality Volunteer Opportunities
- Road To Recovery®
- The Society in Second Life
- Sports and Recreation Volunteer Opportunities
- Fundraising Volunteer Opportunities
- Help Pass Laws to Defeat Cancer
- Sign Up to Volunteer
- Volunteer Stories