- Worldwide opportunities available
- Virtual volunteer positions available
Team members meet online whenever it is convenient for your team.
If you are new to Second Life, there are many residents and groups within Second Life who offer tutorials to help with your avatar and with building things in the virtual world.
Second Life volunteers have the ability to reach out to millions of people all over the world, sharing the Society’s mission and advocating for those touched by cancer. Each person who shares the Society’s Second Life experience can take pride in knowing that they are working to create a world where cancer will no longer threaten our loved ones. The Society events in Second Life are truly a worldwide effort of diverse communities coming together for one common goal – to eliminate cancer as a major health concern.
Volunteer Positions and Responsibilities
- Society Second Life team members volunteer their time toward participating in the event and fundraising.
- Skilled builders are needed to work on projects in the Second Life community.
- Talented scripters are needed to help develop and maintain our fundraising tools (must know LSL).
You must be a resident of the Second Life virtual world and have an avatar.
To volunteer for this opportunity, join or log-in to Second Life and visit American Cancer Society Island to form or join a team.