If you don’t live in the United States

Sometimes a person who lives outside the US wants to fill prescriptions in the US for drugs that they can’t get in their own country. Before that can happen, a doctor licensed in the US must actually write the prescription.

If this isn’t possible, you can try contacting the drug company to find out if there’s any way for you to get the drug in the country where you live.

The American Cancer Society medical and editorial content team
Our team is made up of doctors and master’s-prepared nurses with deep knowledge of cancer care as well as journalists, editors, and translators with extensive experience in medical writing.

Last Medical Review: October 28, 2014 Last Revised: November 13, 2014

American Cancer Society medical information is copyrighted material. For reprint requests, please see our Content Usage Policy.