If you don’t live in the United States
Sometimes a person who lives outside the US wants to fill prescriptions in the US for drugs that they can’t get in their own country. Before that can happen, a doctor licensed in the US must actually write the prescription.
If this isn’t possible, you can try contacting the drug company to find out if there’s any way for you to get the drug in the country where you live.
- Prescription Drug Assistance Programs
- To get help paying for your prescriptions
- If you are 55 or older
- If you have Medicare or are eligible for Medicare
- If you have limited income and no drug coverage
- If you have health insurance
- If your income is low: Look into Medicaid
- Tips to save money on prescription drugs
- If you’re thinking about buying drugs online
- Other ideas to explore
- Applying for a patient drug assistance program
- If you don’t live in the United States
- To learn more