Greek Chicken with Tomatoes, Peppers, Olives, Feta
Lemon, mint, and a garnish of crumbled feta cheese bring the flavors of Greece to this easy chicken dish. If fresh Roma tomatoes aren't available, canned tomatoes will provide the same cancer-fighting nutrients and vivid color.
To make Greek seasoning salt, combine:
- 2 teaspoons of garlic salt,
- 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper,
- 2 teaspoons of oregano, and
- 2 teaspoons of dried mint.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 teaspoons Greek seasoning salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into strips
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 3 tablespoons Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Dredge chicken in flour mixed with 4 teaspoons of Greek seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add chicken, sautéing for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook another 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes, sprinkling with remaining Greek seasoning. Mix in tomatoes.
- Remove from heat, transfer to serving dish, and sprinkle with olives and feta cheese.
Per Serving (approximate)