This dish can be cut into small pieces to serve as an appetizer, or it can be a delicious light entrée. The eggplant, artichokes and tomatoes are loaded with cancer-fighting nutrients, and count toward your 5 daily servings of fruit and vegetables.
To avoid the bitter taste of eggplant, salt both sides of the slices, let stand for 30 minutes, then rinse well in cool water. Pat the slices dry and use according to recipe.
- 1/2 package frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch slices and grilled until browned
- 8 Roma tomatoes, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon black olives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Press bread dough onto a pizza pan or cookie sheet, forming a crust. Rub dough lightly with olive oil. Top crust with eggplant, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and olives.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt, basil, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes on middle rack of oven until cheese is bubbling and crust is lightly browned.
Per Serving (approximate)
|Total Fat||7 g|