How is radiation given?
Most people think of radiation therapy as coming from a machine outside of the body, but radiation therapy can be given in a number of ways. Sometimes radiation is given more than one way at the same time, or different types of radiation may be given one after the other. Some ways radiation can be given include:
Last Medical Review: October 27, 2014 Last Revised: October 27, 2014
- How does radiation work to treat cancer?
- Types of radiation used to treat cancer
- Goals of radiation therapy
- Who gives radiation treatments?
- How is radiation given?
- External beam radiation
- Internal radiation therapy (brachytherapy)
- Does radiation therapy cause second cancers?
- What’s new in radiation therapy?
- To learn more