What’s in this guide
If your doctor has told you that you have cancer, you may have a lot of questions. Can I be cured? What kinds of treatment would be best for me? Will it hurt? How long will treatment take? How much will it cost? How will my life change while I’m being treated and after treatment ends? These are all normal questions for people with cancer.
This guide will explain one type of treatment – radiation therapy – a little better. We’ll try to help you know what radiation therapy is and what it will be like.
If you have more questions, ask your doctor or nurse to help you. It’s always best to be open and honest with them. That way, they can help you decide which treatment is best for you.
Last Medical Review: October 9, 2015 Last Revised: October 9, 2015
- What’s in this guide
- Questions about radiation therapy
- What should I ask my doctor?
- External beam radiation therapy
- Internal radiation therapy
- What about radiation side effects?
- What can I do to take care of myself during radiation?
- Follow-up care
- How can I learn more about cancer and cancer treatment?