Quick Entrees: Healthy in a Hurry
- Make whole-wheat English muffin pizzas using pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Top with your favorite vegetables, such as mushrooms, chopped onion, chopped green pepper, tomato slices, broccoli florets, artichoke hearts ... or whatever else you like!
- Top Parmesan-flavored couscous with cooked, chopped chicken and vegetables.
- Top linguini with marinara sauce and minced clams.
- Top mixed salad greens with whole-wheat penne and the cubed cheese of your choice. Top with Caesar or Italian dressing – regular (small serving) or low-fat.
- Make quick-and-easy chili with extra-lean ground beef or ground turkey breast, canned kidney beans, tomato sauce, chopped onion, canned chopped tomatoes, and chili seasoning packet.
- Top mini-bagels with peanut butter or cheese and a sliced apple.
- Stuff whole-wheat tortillas with canned black beans, lettuce, salsa, shredded Cheddar cheese, and sour cream.
- Microwave a potato and top with broccoli, cauliflower, and cheese.
Last Medical Review: June 30, 2014 Last Revised: June 30, 2014