Stacey Fedewa, PhD
Director, Screening and Risk Factor Surveillance
Stacey Fedewa, PhD, is the director of screening and risk factor surveillance at the American Cancer Society. Fedewa’s research focuses on disparities and access to cancer screening and quality of cancer screening in relation to cancer outcomes. She also examines utilization of cancer screening and preventive services in
relation to health policies and recommendations. Fedewa has authored more than 60 peer-reviewed publications and co-authors the biennual Cancer Prevention & Early Detection Facts & Figures.
- PhD, Epidemiology, Emory University, 2016
- MPH, Epidemiology, University of Michigan, 2008
- Fedewa SA, Ward EM, de Moor JS, DeSantis C, Goding Sauer A, Smith R, Jemal A. Has Mammography Use and Physician Recommendation After the 2009 US Preventive Service Task Force Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2016;50: e123-31.
- Fedewa SA, Goding Sauer A, Siegel RL, Smith RA, Torre LA, Jemal A. Colorectal cancer screening behaviors among Asian-Americans in California 2003-2009. Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention. 2016; 25:995-1000.
- Jemal A, Fedewa SA, Ma J, Siegel R, Lin CC, Brawley O, Ward EM. Recent Changes in Prostate Cancer Incidence Rates and PSA-based Screening Test. JAMA. 2015; 17: 2054-61.
- Fedewa SA, Ma J, Goding Sauer A, Siegel RL, Smith R, Ward EM, Jemal A. How many people will need to be screened to increase Colorectal Cancer Screening Prevalence to 80% by 2018? Cancer. 2015; 1: 4258-65.
- Fedewa SA, Goodman M, Flanders WD, Han X, Smith R, Ward EM, Doubeni C, Goding Sauer A, Jemal A. Elimination
of cost sharing and receipt of screening for colorectal and breast cancer. Cancer. 2015;15: 3272-80.